Monday, April 15, 2013

Why "Running the Race"

Hey,

So this is my first post for this blog and I thought it would be best to explain what I will be posting about; "Running the Race" for me is both a lifestyle (spiritually) and a hobby ( I LOVE SPORTS). A long time ago I agreed to a request from some close friends to start writing up what my thoughts are about in the sporting world but that was on and off so heres my attempt to get started again.
That being said if you are anything like me, sports and the outdoors in general tie heavily into how I view life and even my walk with God, but if you aren't like me maybe I can help give a little insight into those who are like me or just a bit of information you will find helpful and entertaining. So this blog will be a little bit of a mixture of my own thoughts on life, sports and the spiritual side of things.

If you ever have any input, feedback, or something you want me to write about please let me know and I will do my best to oblige. That being said I hope you enjoy and I look forward to the journey of what lies ahead.

-AP



1 Cor 9:24-27


"You’ve all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You’re after one that’s gold eternally. I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. I’m giving it everything I’ve got. No sloppy living for me! I’m staying alert and in top condition. I’m not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself."



No comments:

Post a Comment